Growing up, there were always certain Christmas treats that we made every year. My mom, sisters, and I would spend a day baking, dipping things in candy coating, and adding sprinkles to everything we could think of. Now that I’m older, it doesn’t feel like Christmas without making a few of my favorite holiday treats my kids. Over the years, I’ve experimented with different flavors and combinations, but my favorite has to be Peppermint Bark Oreos. While I love Oreo cookies by themselves any day of the year, adding just a little bit of white chocolate candy coating and peppermint takes an Oreo from fabulous to out of this world! These Christmas treats are perfect to make for a neighbor gift, teacher gift, or even a Christmas Cookie Exchange (although that might be cheating a little, but I won’t tell). This is also an easy treat for kids to help with, so gather your ingredients and your kids for a Christmas dessert everyone will love.
Affiliate links are present. Which means, at no cost to you, I will earn a small commission if you purchase from these links.
Peppermint Bark Oreos
- 1 package Oreo cookies
- 1 bag white candy melts
- 1 bag crushed peppermint candy (or crush your own)
- wax paper
1. Melt the candy melts as directed on the bag in the microwave
2. Dip the Oreo cookies into the melted chocolate and place it on the wax paper
3. Sprinkle the crushed peppermint candy onto the cookie
4. Repeat with the rest of the cookies
5. Allow the cookies to harden completely (about 30 minutes)
What is your favorite holiday treat?
Need more Christmas cookies ideas? Here is my Pinterest board with Christmas inpiration.