This St. Patrick's Day Letter Tiles Spelling Mat Printable is great for fun St. Patrick's Day spelling practice for kids. These make a great activity to add to a winter preschool theme in your homeschool or classroom!
There are so many fun ways to use this printable St. Patrick's Day spelling activity to teach your preschooler or kindergarten student some St. Patrick's Day words and practice literacy at the same time.
These colorful printables are perfect for independent, hands-on literacy activities for preschool or kindergarten kids. They also make great St. Patrick's Day themed word work activities in a literacy center.
Kids will love it!
What is the learning benefit of this printable?
These St. Patrick's Day spelling activities for preschoolers or kindergarteners are the perfect way to have fun learning to match letters and spell new words. The themed words introduce preschoolers or kindergarteners to new St. Patrick's Day vocabulary. Little learners can use the various levels included to support their learning level by letter matching, beginning sounds, and spelling words in the blanks provided.
What it includes:
This St. Patrick's Day Letter Tile Spelling Mat Printable is full of green, gold, rainbows, and shamrocks! It has pages full of St. Patrick's Day themed vocabulary, pictures, and letter tile boxes.
There are three versions of each of these letter tile spelling pages:
- a page for letter matching
- a page for beginning sounds
- and a page with blank squares that can be used for spelling with letter tiles, stamping words, or practicing writing the letters
To prepare to use these with your child or students, simply print, laminate, and play with letter tiles.
Creative Ideas for St. Patrick's Day Letter Tile Spelling Mat:
- Sensory Bin: Hide the letter tiles needed for the St. Patrick's Day words in green colored rice, gold coins, shredded green paper, or any other sensory bin materials and have the kids search for the letters before they spell. This will make it a great sensory experience.
- Mystery Grab Bag: Place the letter tiles in a bag or another St. Patrick's Day themed container. Let the kids place their hands in the bag and pull out a letter and place it on the spelling mat. Don't peek!
- Scoop & Spell: Place the letter tiles in a bowl. Let the kids use a spoon or fine motor play scoop to scoop out the letter and place it on the spelling mat.
- Tweezer Tiles: Place the letter tiles in a bowl. Let the kids use some child-sized fine motor tweezers to pinch the letter tile and place it on the mat.
- Stamping Words: Use alphabet stamps to stamp the letters on the blank pages.
Which Letter Tiles Should I Use?
These letter tile printable pages were designed specifically for the the Eureka Tub of Letter Tiles because it was the product in my own personal cabinets. They are 1-inch x 1-inch square tiles. If you can't find those specific letter tiles, you can also use other brands, but know that the size may be slightly different.
Note: Sometimes the Eureka Tub of Letter Tiles goes out of stock on Amazon and this hand2mind set of letter tiles look like a good alternative choice if you can't find another retailer to purchase the Eureka letter tiles.
Want more themed Letter Tile Spelling Mat Printables?
This St. Patrick's Day Letter Tiles Spelling Mat Printable is just one of the seasons included in the Seasons & Celebrations Letter Tile Bundle.
If you’d like to get all 80+ pages of the Seasons and Celebrations Letter Tile Printables sent to you at once, you can purchase the bundle. This will save you lots of time in downloading and allow you to prepare materials in advance.