Butterfinger Cake Recipe & Tutorial
Butterfinger Cake is one of my favorite cakes. It’s one of those cakes that people will swoon over everywhere you go. I keep all the ingredients on hand so that I can whip one up when needed. It’s really easy! If you don’t like Butterfingers you can substitute your favorite candy bar for the topping. (I’ve heard a Heath Bar is really good, too.)
You will need:
-Devil’s Food Cake Mix
-Sweetened Condensed Milk (NOT Evaporated Milk–THERE IS A DIFFERENCE!)
-Caramel Ice Cream Topping
-Cool Whip/Whipped Topping
-Butterfinger Candy Bars (or your favorite substitution)
1. Bake the Devil’s Food Cake Mix as directed.
2. As soon as you take the cake out of the oven, poke holes in the cake with the handle of your spatula, spoon, or anything else you can get your hands on. Make lots of holes!
3. Immediately pour the Sweetened Condensed Milk over the cake. Spread it with your spatula, making sure to direct it into the holes you poked in the cake.
4. Pour the Caramel Ice Cream Topping on next. Spread the topping into the holes of the cake and around the edge.
5. Let the cake cool. I usually make the cake the night before and place the cake in the refrigerator overnight.
6. Spread Cool Whip over the cake.
7. Crumble the Butterfinger candy bar and spread over the top of the cake. I usually take a meat tenderizing mallet and gently pound the candy bar to break it into pieces, but not break the packaging and make a mess.
8. Enjoy! Mmmmmmm!
(This cake should be refrigerated and is best when chilled.)