Homemade granola bars are easy to make and are a great treat to have on hand. You can vary the add-ins like raisins, chocolate chips, or nuts, but the basic recipe is still the same. I was inspired by the special edition Red, White, and Blue M&M's to make these Patriotic Granola Bars for a fun treat for Memorial Day or the Fourth of July. These will be perfect for taking with us to the fireworks display and the kids can eat these while we wait for the fireworks to start.
*Affiliate links are present.*
The full recipe is at the bottom of this post. Be sure to print it out for the future.
In a saucepan over medium heat, melt oil, brown sugar, and honey together.
Stir until the sugar is dissolved. Bring it to a gentle simmer and remove from heat. Add vanilla extract and set aside.
In a large bowl, combine the oats, cereal and salt.
Pour the honey mixture over the oat mixture, and stir to coat.
Stir in the M&Ms.
Pour out into prepared pan and press down.
Bake at 325° for 20 minutes.
- 2 cups Old Fashioned Oats
- 4 tbsp Vegetable or Coconut Oil
- 2 tbsp Brown Sugar
- ⅓ cup Honey
- ½ tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ cup M&Ms
- Preheat oven to 325° and line a cake pan with parchment paper.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, melt oil, brown sugar, and honey together.
- Stir until the sugar is dissolved. Bring it to a gentle simmer and remove from heat. Add vanilla extract and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, cereal and salt.
- Pour the honey mixture over the oat mixture, and stir to coat.
- Stir in the M&Ms.
- Pour out into prepared pan and press down.
- Bake at 325° for 20 minutes.
- Cool, then chill for an hour in the fridge for easier cutting. Cut into bars.
- Wrap up with plastic wrap or parchment paper and store at room temperature.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 95Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 77mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 1gSugar: 9gProtein: 2g
Nutrition information isn't always accurate.