Growing up, there were always certain Christmas treats that we made every year. My mom, sisters, and I would spend a day baking, dipping things in candy coating, and adding sprinkles to everything we could think of. Now that I'm older, it doesn't feel like Christmas without making a few of my favorite holiday treats my kids. Over the years, I've experimented with different flavors and combinations, but my favorite has to be Peppermint Bark Oreos.
While I love Oreo cookies by themselves any day of the year, adding just a little bit of white chocolate candy coating and peppermint takes an Oreo from fabulous to out of this world! These Christmas treats are perfect to make for a neighbor gift, teacher gift, or even a Christmas Cookie Exchange (although that might be cheating a little, but I won't tell). This is also an easy treat for kids to help with, so gather your ingredients and your kids for a Christmas dessert everyone will love.
Where would Peppermint Bark Oreos be good for?
Peppermint Bark Oreos would be great for so many Christmas occasions. The possibilities are endless. Here are a few suggestions:
- An office Christmas party
- A Christmas cookie exchange
- Christmas teacher gifts
- Christmas neighbor gifts
- Cooking with your kids
- Cookies for Santa (made with your kids, of course)
Want more Christmas recipes?
- 1 package Oreo cookies
- 1 bag white candy melts
- 1 bag crushed peppermint candy
- Melt the candy melts in the microwave as directed on the bag.
- Dip the Oreo cookies into the melted chocolate and place it on the wax paper.
- Sprinkle the crushed peppermint candy onto the cookie.
- Repeat with the rest of the cookies.
- Allow the cookies to harden completely (about 30 minutes in the refrigerator).