We are blessed to live in an area that has tons of great parks. The problem is that we tend to frequent the same park because it is conveniently located near our home. Therefore, we hardly ever take advantage of the other parks available to us….which is a shame, because we REALLY have some awesome parks in Chattanooga! The past two years we’ve tried something that got us out and enjoying the other parks. I thought I’d share it with you in case you were needing something to get you out of the same rut I was in…or maybe you’d just like to try something fun!
Introducing… The Summer Park Tour!
The Goal: Enjoy as many great parks as you can and rejuvenate your play time!
Here’s how it works:
- Make a list of all the parks in your area.
- Grab your calendar and choose atleast one day per week that could be “Park & Picnic” Day.
- Then, plug in the list of parks on the days marked “Park & Picnic” Days. (If you run out of parks, repeat your favorites!)
- Send out the calendar of “Park & Picnic” Days with the locations to your friends in hopes that they might join you at the park (It makes it easier if the kids have someone to play with and I always love having a little mommy talk!)
- On “Park & Picnic” Days, pack a picnic lunch, plenty of water and any other supplies you might need for the day (sunscreen, hats, sand toys, etc.)
- Head over to the designated park and play to your hearts content! Hopefully, a friend or two will join you, but if not, you’ll still have lots of fun!
The best thing about “The Summer Park Tour” is that it’s completely FREE!
Live in the Chattanooga area? Here’s a list of great parks to enjoy:
- Coolidge Park (bathing suits to play in the fountains)
- The “Pumpkin Patch” Park on Signal Mountain (well shaded!)
- Red Bank Park (take sand toys)
- Soddy Daisy “Scramble Alley” wooden park
- Vandergriff Park in Hixson
- Chester Frost Park (bathing suits for the lake)
- Warner Park
- “Helicopter Park” in Soddy Daisy (walking track)
- “Cherokee Passage” by the Aquarium (bathing suits!)
- Imagination Station Playground (Collegedale/Ooltewah area)
- Riverview Park ( on/near Benton Ave.)
- and many more!!!! (Let me know in the comments and I’ll add it to the list)